February 10, 2010 at 5:59 pm (7 ingredients or less, beef stew meat, canned black beans, canned diced tomatoes, chili powder, frozen small whole onions, Main Dish, Mexican, mexican-style corn, slow cooker, taco seasoning mix)
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Start to Finish: 9 hours, 35 minutes
2 lb beef stew meat
28 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1 C frozen small whole onions
1 t chili powder
1.25 package taco seasoning mix
15 oz canned black beans, drained and rinsed
11 oz canned whole kernel corn with red and green peppers, drained
1. In 3 1/2 – 4-quart slow cooker, mix beef, tomatoes, frozen onions and chili powder.
2. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 9 to 11 hours.
3. Stir in taco seasoning mix, using wire whisk. Stir in beans and corn. Increase heat setting to High. Cover; cook 15 to 30 minutes or until thickened.
March 29, 2009 at 4:44 pm (boneless skinless chicken breast, boneless skinless chicken thighs, chicken broth, frozen small whole onions, garlic, hot cooked rice, italian seasoning, kalamata olives, Main Dish, red bell peppers, stovetop, white wine)
Prep Time:10 min
Start to Finish:35 min
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs (about 1 1/4 lb)
1 1/4 cups dry white wine OR chicken broth
2 medium red bell peppers, sliced
6 Kalamata olives (2 oz), pitted, chopped
3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1/2 cup frozen small whole onions
1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
2 cups hot cooked rice
1. Remove any visible fat from chicken. In 10-inch nonstick skillet, heat 1/4 cup of the wine to boiling. Add chicken; cook, turning once, until brown. Remove chicken from skillet; keep warm.
2. In same skillet, heat bell peppers, olives, garlic, onions, Italian seasoning, and remaining 1 cup wine to boiling. Boil 5 minutes.
3. Add chicken; reduce heat to medium. Cook 10 to 15 minutes or until juice of chicken is no longer pink when center of thickest piece is cut (170°F for breasts; 180°F for thighs). Serve over rice.